Mike Steinel’s follow-up book to his popular “Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble” features a wealth of instructional material that can be used in a full band setting or individually. After a brief review of style basics, this comprehensive method includes a section of daily warm-ups and workouts for rehearsal, followed by a variety of lessons covering specific styles and improvisation concepts. Each lesson ends with a full band performance piece. Take your students to the next level with this masterful approach!
• Review of important concepts from Book 1
• Warm-ups and workouts for the start of rehearsals
• Lessons covering a variety of jazz styles and improvisation concepts
• Nine rewarding full band pieces that reinforce each lesson
• Information on the cities, regions, and people influencing the evolution of jazz
• Recordings of all exercises, including full band arrangements and sample solos*
* Each book includes an access code for audio files on “My Library” (internet required)